TEXTILE TRADE ASSOCIATION - TEXTILE CLUSTER
About the Assotiation
- Textile Trade Association – Textile Cluster (TTA-TC) was established in 2003 as a non-profit non-governmental organization (NG0). The primary goal of TTA-TC is to help Macedonian textile and garment producers improve their global presence, competitiveness and boost sales.TTA-TC represents the most significant industrial branch in the Republic of Macedonia and provides essential information to its members, required for their future development at a national and international level. Also TTA-CT cooperates with all relevant institutions concerning issues related to resolutions and legislation that have influence on the textile industry, such as: Industrial policies; Research and innovations; Surroundings; and Social issues;
TTA-TC has 85 members (65% of the industry by nr. of employees), the leading textile companies in the country, and couple of foreign companies as well. TTA-TC staff consists of: employed executive director (paid staff) and two project assistants (staff under projects). Also TTA-TC has President and 15 members of Board of directors (on voluntary base).
TTA-TC has 4 working groups: Human resource development (seminars and trainings), Productivity and quality (seminars and trainings), Negotiation with government institutions (lobby and advocacy) and Export promotion (match-making, market research, strategic planning).
TTA-TC provides its members a wide range of services including:
- Collection and dissemination of information related to market and industry trends,
- Collection and dissemination of information regarding global changes including environment protection,
- Match making services through facilitation of contacts between the members of the association and foreign buyers,
- Promotion of the association and its members,
- Organization of visits to fairs and trade shows, and commercial envoys,
- Organization of educational and training seminars for its members,
- Conducting surveys and analyses and creating strategic documents,
- Organisation of events and dissemination of results,
- Design and active participation in local and regional projects beneficial to its members,
- Networking and internationalisation.
TTA Textile cluster has signed MoU for cooperation, exchange of information and exchange good practices with different domestic and foreign organizations such as:
- TMF-Institute for textile engineering – Macedonia,
- National center for development of innovations and entrepreneurship-Macedonia,
- European information and innovation center – Macedonia,
- Cluster for creative industries CREATIVA – Macedonia,
- House of clusters – Serbia,
- Norwegian Fashion Hub – Norway,
- Istanbul Apparel Exporters’ Association (IHKIB)-Turkey,
- Istanbul Textile and Raw Materials Exporters’ Association (ITKIB) – Turkey,
- Association Textile and Clothes Branch Organization and Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Kyustendil – Bulgaria,
- National cluster of fashion apparel – Bulgaria,
TTA-TC also cooperates with the European University (Macedonia), University American college, (Macedonia), Apparel and Fashion associations from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Kosovo, Romanian textile concept (Romania), Transylvania Textile Fashion Cluster (Romania), Weis Consulting Association (Germany), and Hellenic Fashion Association (Greece).